Tuesday 2 January 2018

Citalopram - Day 6

I ended up having another vivid dream. I've noticed this be one very common side effect whenever I take any medication. From when I first started taking cerelle  (Mini pill) to this. The dreams always seem to follow a pattern. I'll dream things like being pregnant and finding out by a test, which is normally the most common dream, but last night was extra weird... it wasn't a positive pregnancy test but positive with something else!!! Strange. Very strange indeed!

Anyway, I woke up at 9am to the sounds of children screaming and playing. My house is behind a primary school but I assumed they started thursday. 'Nevermind' I thought! I then really struggled to get back to sleep. I was super tired from another night of no sleep. Eventually I woke up at 11.30. I sat up in bed and red a chapter of the book I'd be reading... and 12 took my usual tablets and gave my dog his too.

No word of a lie, i went back upstairs. I'd listen to the sound of children innocently playing, 'blissful' I thought. I continued to read my book and by  now it was hammering it down with rain... children still playing outside in it. It's the small things that make you feel grateful. I felt truly relaxed. I took an occasional break in which i would find myself watching short videos online... and by 4pm... I realised I spent almost 5 hours in bed, reading and watching, relaxing.

I love reading. It takes you into an alternative universe. I really enjoy that sometimes. It's like a form of escapism... you enter this universe in your head, imagining the book as though it were a film in front of you.

I ate my tea, and continued reading. I had a nasty tummy ache and tummy grumbling for hours after eating. I found I've no appetite, except when it came to Pringles. I couldn't stop eating them... I still can't!

I feel the side effects of the lower dose has weared off now. I'll continue updating my day to day. But it's safe to say I feel I can go on as normal. A few times I'll question of I took it at all. For a moment today, I also felt a sense of relaxation, of relief. I'd spent the last year going crazy. Stressing out, but here I am... able to wake up. Sit down and stare into things... listening to the silence that surrounds me. Good, peaceful silence. No tv needed. Just silence, and a book.

So now I'll just log my daily adventure with you until they up my meds! Let's hope that's the end of those scary side effects!

No comments:

Post a Comment