Tuesday 2 January 2018

Citalopram - Day 5

So I guess I forgot to blog last night! But in all honesty, there wasn't much to blog on.

As it was New year's I was out until 2am. I had 1 Malibu and coke, 1 amarretto and coke, and 2 small glasses of wine. All spread out and pigged out on food so as though it won't affect me much - which worked. The smallest bit of alcohol was sending me dizzy. I noticed myself be very dazed and ridiculously tired. I hadn't felt the same excitement over a new year as normal. It just felt like another day. Normally by the end of a year, I'll cry. But for the first time ever I felt nothing. No emotion - could the tablets be taking effect now? Anyway, come 2am we all left and walked 2 miles back home. Thankfully it wasn't freezing so I was fine.

Again, I had another vivid dream, this time my hair was all falling out. Now I'm already seeing the doctor about this as more and more chunks of hair keep coming out... so to dream it was no surprise. My hair had gotten so thin and I'm scared I'll genuinely have nothing left at this rate!

I woke up at 10, so I'd not had much sleep compared to what I'm used to - so my body on it's own was pretty tired. As usual, 12 approached and I took another tablet and waited for the affects to take place.

Unlike the other days, yesterday there wasn't really anything. I stayed in my pyjamas again all day - I had it drilled that this will be my last 'break' day and therefore make the most of it.

Hours passed as normal and I didn't really feel anything. Not dizzy, not shaking. Not what I was constantly getting. Good, I thought.

Come the night time and I really struggled to settle. Tossing and turning constantly, over and over but I just couldn't sleep. My mind making up it's own scenarios in it's head. Strange!

So except the vivid dreams and the struggle to sleep or feel much emotion... there wasn't really much side effect wise I could report on. So maybe my body is getting used to it. I'll be back at the doctors in 2 weeks to go up to 20mg. Kinda scary because I'll be back at uni and god knows how 20mg is gonna affect me!

And lastly, a happy New year to everyone, and thanks for following me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment